Financial institutions do not always exchange information in the same format. For instance in the corporate-to-bank or securities services space, a client can exchange proprietary or domestic files in a different format than the provider is expecting, or vice versa.
In addition, the majority of financial institutions will soon have to replace their current messaging formats as a result of the migration to, or planned implementation of, ISO 20022 standards by several important financial market infrastructures. The cross-border migration to ISO 20022 messaging standards will further impact the way financial institutions around the globe exchange information.
SWIFT Translator is a messaging format translation solution which allows customers to define, validate, and translate messages from and to messaging formats as specified in this service description. As the SWIFT Translator solution is network and interface independent, it can be deployed and integrated in a flexible manner.
On top of format translation, SWIFT Translator complements MyStandards benefits in solving standards format related issues.
- Reuse MyStandards usage guidelines as a source or target format, reducing time and effort spent in format definition and validation,
- Define and document their proprietary/non-SWIFT formats on MyStandards
SWIFT Translator is composed of two components: a Designer and a Runtime.
SWIFT Translator Designer
SWIFT Translator Designer is an offline software solution offering a Graphical User Interface that allows the customer to perform a number of actions, including:
- Format definition: the customer defines a source and destination format either from scratch (CSV, XML, proprietary) and/or reuse formats from a predefined library (for example: MT 103, pain.001.001.03) and/or reuse usage guidelines defined on MyStandards.
- Mapping definition: the customer defines the mapping between the source and the destination format which can be one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-many, etc.
- Validation rules: the customer defines a set of rules to perform validation on the message instance against the format and/or mapping defined.
- Test and validation: the customer tests and validates the format, mapping, and rules previously defined.
- Enrichment: the customer can enrich the mapping rules based, for example, on additional rules or external database.
- Service build and exposition: the customer builds an exposed service called "SWIFT Translator Runtime".
SWIFT Translator Designer can also be used by MyStandards customers to define, publish, and share their proprietary/non-SWIFT formats on MyStandards.
SWIFT Translator Runtime
SWIFT Translator Runtime is a Java-based software component that is deployed by the customers within their own environment. It provides a number of operations allowing the customer to perform:
- Message format translation. The customer can convert one or more messages in a specified supported format into one or more messages (depending on whether the mapping definition is one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-many, etc.).
- Message validation. The Runtime component can perform a validation of the converted message as well as of the defined mapping rules. The message validation can be embedded or independent from the message conversion. If this is embedded, the customer will receive an error report if the validation failed. If the validation is separated, the customer supplies the text of a message and receives an error report if the message is invalid against the validation rules.
- Message enrichment, if applicable. As part of message conversion, the customer supplies the text of one or more messages and receives one or more messages enriched (depending on whether the mapping definition is one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-many, etc.).
Alliance Warehouse - Store financial messages and files for as long as you need
Whether you’re building a list of messages for an auditor or regulator, or need quick access to details of a single transaction, how and where your financial transactions are stored can mean the difference between hours of work and a just few clicks.
Alliance Warehouse is SWIFT’s complete message storage solution. Designed specifically for long-term archiving and day-to-day investigations, it automatically stores all of your financial messages and files in a single, secure repository for as long as you need.
Thanks to its powerful free-text search tool and extensive search criteria, querying your data is simple and fast, meaning you can conclude investigations in real time. Out-of-the-box integration with your Alliance interface gets you set up and ready to go without disrupting your day-to-day operations. And, with its limitless capacity, you can keep a full and true record of every payment.
Features and functionality
Alliance Warehouse is a single solution for all your financial messages and file archiving needs. It provides:
- Complete, unlimited storage for all of your messages and FileAct files for as long as you need them.
- Tamper-protected archiving with SWIFT security standards, meaning you can be confident that your data is complete, unaltered and trustworthy.
- 24/7 availability to quickly interrogate data at any time from multiple sources configured to meet your needs. • Intuitive free-text search functionality to quickly answer questions from regulators, auditors, management and your customers.
- A light implementation footprint and the ability to integrate seamlessly with other Alliance products out-of-the-box.
Alliance Warehouse gives you complete, any-time access to all of your transaction data, allowing you to:
- store all your financial messages and files in one place
- find any message or file in seconds
- provide clear audit trails to your auditors, regulators, customers and counterparties
- reduce the time and resources you spend investigating errors
- see the complete picture of your message and file history, from payments sent years ago to those actioned in the last few minutes
- be confident that your data is complete, secure, and trustworthy
- give your customer-facing staff the ability to answer questions from customers in real time
KYC Adverse Media
Banks that are using data to support their KYC checks are also able to view adverse media linked to the entity via KYC registry.
KYC Adverse Media is a global source of media news and reporting on financial institutions. The solution helps banks improve the efficiency of customer due diligence (CDD / EDD), maintains transparency in relations with correspondent banks, and reduces the costs and risks associated with KYC data.
This is publicly available information through SWIFT’s partnership with one of the world’s premier reporting services, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance. This service links globally-reported negative news stories and regulators’ notes to the relevant legal entity in the Registry, enabling a fast and comprehensive review for all customers due diligence needs.
This powerful solution combines centralized list management and advanced features for accurate and cost-effective customer and vendor screening – so you know who you’re doing business with.
Financial institutions must comply with stringent obligations around Sanctions and Know Your Customer regulations. This requires upfront due diligence during customer onboarding and ongoing checks against lists of sanctioned organisations and individuals, Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and Relatives and Close Associates (RCAs).
Increasingly, too, corporations must screen customers and suppliers for due diligence. But screening can be a complex and labour-intensive task, involving maintenance of multiple lists and regular screening of high volumes of data.
Our hosted Name Screening service automates these checks: lists are maintained centrally and updated promptly and Name Screening can handle large databases with ease, as well as providing easy online look-up for individual searches.
What lists does Name Screening use?
- International sanctions
- Politically Exposed Persons – PEP
- Rellatives and Close Associated – RCA
- Sanctions Ownership Research – SOR
- Negative news (Dow Jones Adverse Media Screening)
Name Screening is offered in two models – online and offline.
I. Online – initial instant check of individuals and legal entities with the result in real time
Inspections can be carried out without exception both for customers and for contractors, suppliers, developers, employees, etc. The information is registered in the Logbook.
Optional list packages:
- Only public lists of sanctions.
- Lists of sanctions + Ownership Research + PEP.
- Lists of sanctions + Ownership Research + PEP + Adverse Media *.
+ private list that the user maintains and updates independently
II. Offline customer base check on a regular basis – Batch
- Regular updating of all lists.
- Reporting by verified names / titles.
- Support for the service.
- 24/7 user support.
We offer the following options for connecting to the MoneyGram Money Transfer system:
- API for full or partial integration.
- Online platform.
- Integration of MoneyGram services into your systems through your API.
Contact us for detailed information:
tel.: +380 44 594 68 36
Since 2005 ProFIX is a Certified Global Technological Partner of MoneyGram International. At the moment, ProFIX services 126 MoneyGram agents in 18 countries.
To work with MoneyGram, ProFIX has developed technical solutions that ensure compliance with the requirements of the system, local legislation and international standards for the protection of personal data.
What does ProFIX offer?
- Fast implementation of money transfer services
- Software configuration according to the requirements of an agent
- Full or partial integration of the service in the software package of the agent
- Automated monitoring of compliance with the regulator requirements
- Advanced system of reporting and sub-agents’ management
- Absence of any operating costs
- Integration of the money transfer service into mobile devices, self-service terminals, online platforms.
- Money transfer applications for mobile devices, self-service terminals and Internet portals
Advantages of ProFIX services
- Minimization of implementation and maintenance costs
Access to the money transfer system via Web-application is the user's workplace. This scheme allows agents to reduce the costs for installation, prevents significant usage of any additional software and equipment subsequently and in some cases excludes them completely. 1 Mbit Internet Connection is required here.
- Flexible integration options
Alternative access option to the money transfer system is the possibility of partial or full integration of the solution to various software of the agent (ABS, frontal systems, etc.) with the help of universal web-services technology. Additionally, web services usage lets agent to realize a functionality of working with money transfers via self- service channels (Internet banking, mobile banking, self-service kiosks, ATMs, etc.) and implement projects on cards payments.
- Time to market
We value your and our time - the introduction of functions to meet the requirements of the regulator, the addition of new or changes to MoneyGram products, or simply the introduction of a new critical agent for the functionality occurs as soon as possible.
- Support Center
Technical and agent support center provides technical consulting services 24/7.
In addition to the basic functions of money Sending and Receiving we have introduced and constantly appended additional features which simplify the user`s work considerably and improve the level of service provided for the customers. These features include: advanced tools for reports creation, allowing you to meet individual requirements of business users; set limits and rules for meeting the regulator`s requirements; loyalty programs for customers or employees of the agent; SMS - notification to customers; compliance and anti-fraud checking.
MoneyGram, a leading money transfer company, enables consumers who are not fully served by traditional financial institutions to meet their financial needs. MoneyGram major products and services include global money transfers, money orders and payment processing solutions for financial institutions and retail customers through a global network of more than 355,000 agent locations in more than 200 countries and territories.
The company continues to increase its network in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) where it has more than 35,000 locations offering MoneyGram money transfer service - with over 8,000 locations in the Ukraine alone.
ProFIX Company, with many years of experience working with SWIFT products, in 2015 received the status of SWIFT Service Partner. Due to this status, ProFIX certified specialists provide consulting services and carry out work on the implementation and configuration of SWIFT services remotely or on the client's side on behalf of SWIFT Professional Services worldwide.
SWIFT service packages and products for which ProFIX is certified to provide consulting services:
SWIFT Alliance Lite2 Turn-Key/Migration – a package of services for the implementation of a cloud solution, which is the easiest and fastest option to connect to the SWIFT Network for new customers.
ProFIX certified specialists also provide services for migration the SWIFT infrastructure from another type of interface to SWIFT Alliance Lite2.
- Alliance Connect Assistance – a suite of services that helps the customer efficiently order, install, and configure a more secure solution to communicate with SWIFT data centers using Multi-Vendor Secure IP Network (MV-SIPN) technology via SWIFT VPN Boxes physical cryptographic equipment.
- Own SWIFT Alliance (SNL+SAG+SAA/SAE) – service package that helps the client to effectively install and configure their own software and hardware connection to the SWIFTNet. It also provides certified advice on preparing and migrating to a new version of SWIFT Alliance software, or migrating assistance with another type of connection.
- SWIFT Sanctions Screening Implementation – a suite of services that helps to implement and configure a cloud service to automatically verify client transactions against sanctions lists as required by the legislation requirements of most jurisdictions.
Individual package of consulting and technical services. In consideration of the complexity of the SWIFT software and hardware complex and the large number of its components, as well as the variety of individual SWIFT products and services, the service package can be developed individually to order certain works and consultations, taking into account the urgent needs of the client.
In the case of ordering work on the client's premises for any package, an additional fee is charged to compensate travel expenses.
To date, ProFIX Company SWIFT Consulting department has implemented more than 90 successful projects from the UK to Hong Kong and from Sweden to Uganda, thanks to which our specialists have gained experience in implementing SWIFT software for various clients: from the smallest financial firms with several employees to government agencies and National Banks; from installing software on a single laptop to deploying SWIFT infrastructure on virtual machines in Amazon Cloud.
We are constantly developing a portfolio of services and continue our cooperation with SWIFT for certification on new products and services.
+380 (44) 594-68-30 firstname.lastname@example.org
SWIFT Service Bureau is a specialized division of ProFIX Company which provides customers with the services of connecting and operating the SWIFT Network. SWIFT Service Bureau of ProFIX Company serves more than 100 institutions on a permanent basis as well as provides consulting and technical services to organizations that are connected to SWIFT directly.
Connection to SWIFT via Service Bureau
- Shared Infrastructure. Connection to SWIFTNet is performed via hardware-software complex of Service Bureau that allows Customers to reduce significantly the expenses on purchasing servers, its own licenses for SWIFT Alliance software, import of cryptographic equipment, maintenance of own telecommunication lines, hiring and training specialists, etc.
- SWIFT Alliance Gateway. Customer retains the main software interface (Alliance Access/Entry), but saves the resources on servicing the SWIFTNet part (Alliance Gateway, SNL, HSMs Alliance Connect VPN boxes, the communication lines via SWIFT Network Partners) using SWIFT Service Bureau connection.
- is carried out with SWIFT Alliance Gateway technical scheme and it provides the Customer with guaranteed access to the SWIFT Network in case of problems with the main connection. Regardless of the connection scheme, the Customer is provided with professional consulting and technical support from SWIFT certified partner.
Servicing of Customer’s direct connection
If the Customer has its own SWIFT connectivity then the remote services are provided. They include remote monitoring and administration of the Customer`s SWIFT infrastructure as well as field work associated with software upgrading on Customer premises (installation of SWIFT Alliance software, DB Recovery option, preparation for a new SWIFT release, etc.).
These services save the Customer from the trouble of training and certification of its own staff to perform the works associated with SWIFT infrastructure maintenance, change of the work technologies or implementation of additional solutions.
One-time services for setting up personal SWIFT tokens
SWIFT uses SWIFT USB tokens with special PKI certificates to authenticate the user and establish a secure connection via the Internet to on-line services, including SWIFT Basic Tracker, gpi-Tracker and others. Service Bureau specialists within this service package will help you configure the first pack of tokens to work with SWIFT services.
Manage PKI certificates on behalf of the Service Bureau Service User
By the request of the User of services for connection to the SWIFTNet via ProFIX SWIFT Service Bureau PKI infrastructure (certificate) management can be delegated to the Service Bureau. Thus, Service Bureau specialists will monitor the validity of certificates, remind Customer of the necessary updates, as well as provide services for the issuance of new certificates and more.
Our experts are ready to provide detailed information on SWIFT projects:
+380 (44) 594-68-30 email@example.com
In 2016, SWIFT launched a Customer Security Program (CSP) to increase the security of the infrastructure associated with SWIFT and improve cyber risk management processes.
CSP is based on three actions: 1) customers must secure and protect their local SWIFT-related infrastructure; 2) to prevent and identify possible fraud in commercial relations with counterparties; 3) share information and be prepared for future cyber threats in collaboration with others.
As part of the Customer Security Program SWIFT offers new services, the sharing of which, together with the implementation of security controls, will provide the necessary measures to detect suspicious operations and fight against cybercrime:
- Relationship Management Application (RMA) plays an important part in supporting communication between different financial institutions. The RMA is a SWIFT-mandated filter that enables financial institutions to define which counterparties can send them FIN messages. Any unwanted traffic is blocked at the sender level, reducing the operational risks associated with handling unwanted messages and providing a first line of defense against fraud.
- Daily Validation Reports is a daily analytical report that allows SWIFT clients to analyze their transactional activities and determine potential risks in payments based on bank payment behavior patterns.
- Payment Controls is a service for controlling SWIFT transactions that helps customers timely detect and prevent high-risk payments at the SWIFT network level (after the transaction has left the bank’s infrastructure) based on personal parameters and rules.
Payment Controls is an important part of SWIFT’s Customer Security Programme, a community-driven initiative that is enhancing cyber security for the global financial industry. The service helps to identify unusual behavior when making payments, even if the attackers damaged the system, database and log files.
Payment Controls combines real-time monitoring of payments received, blocking suspicious transactions and daily reporting of all SWIFT payments. It helps institutions detect and prevent high risk payments and mitigate business disruption, and financial losses in the event of back-office compromise.
Payment Controls monitors the payments you send and can block these in real time to prevent fraud. High risk and out of policy payments are alerted instantly, enabling you to act quickly to prevent losses.
Messages can be customized for different scenarios, for example:
- Business calendars: Payments sent on non-business days or outside of normal business hours.
- Threshold: Payments that are high risk or fall outside of business policy, based upon individual payment value or aggregate value/volume.
- Profiles: Payment behavior that is uncharacteristic, based on past learned behavior.
- New scenarios: Payments sent through or to new institutions, in new currencies or using previously unseen message type.
- Account monitoring: Payments to/from high-risk beneficiary /originator customer accounts or payments to/from accounts that are not present on a subscriber-defined «accept list».
- Badly formed messages: Payments that are preceded by elevated/ repetitive NACKs to the same beneficiary customer account.
You can configure any rule in one of three operational modes:
- Manual review mode: The triggering payment message will be held in-network by the service and an alert will be generated for your review and investigation. You decide whether to abort the message or release it for delivery.
- Alert-only mode: The triggering payment message will be delivered to your receiver without interruption, and an alert will be generated simultaneously. You can investigate this alert and undertake any necessary response and recovery actions.
- Auto-action mode: The triggering payment message will be automatically aborted and an alert will be generated simultaneously.
Reporting is provided by two daily reports:
- Validate activity: Quickly assess and validate inbound and outbound payment flows. Daily activity is aggregated by message type, currency, country and counterparty, enabling easy comparison with internal reports from core systems. Daily value and transaction references help you match individual transactions for more detailed validation.
- Assess risk: Highlight large or unusual message flows that may indicate fraud risks. You can review new or unfamiliar counterparties or counterparty combinations, including nested activity. Transactions sent or received outside of user-defined business hours are highlighted.
Payment Controls covers MT 103, MT 202, MT 202COV, MT 205, MT 205COV. * MT 101 is scheduled for implementation in 2019. Outgoing payments are processed for notifications. Both incoming and outgoing payments are processed for reporting.
SWIFT recognized Ukraine as a priority country in the fight against cybercrime and developed special subscription conditions for us. This means that Ukrainian banks will be able to enjoy the privileges of a reduced price when ordering a service for the next six months. In Ukraine, there is already the first bank that ordered Payment Controls.